Site Meter What I Learned Today - MG's CIP: Cool Cars - Kitt and Concept

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cool Cars - Kitt and Concept

I caught the new Knight Rider show this week. It has some serious potential. I was a fan of the original back in the day. They do a good job of being true to the old school concepts and timelines, and there's even a cameo by the Hoff.

I went looking for details on the car and went to http://www.knightrider.com/ Logical, right? Nope:

Knight Rider Consulting, Inc. is a small Software Engineering and consulting company located in Central Wisconsin.We specialize in helping businesses become more efficient, by developing more effective and consistent work flows, allowing them to reduce expenses and increase revenue.

I think "aw, funny, they're doing the Oceanic Airlines one off site thing to promote the show..." Wrong again, it appears to be an actual company. They even have products named KITT and KARR. Funny stuff.

Here's the details for what I watched: http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/ They even have the specs for the car. I gotta get me one of them.

The other car I saw that looked pretty cool is the new Lexus LF-A concept car. It's not bulletproof and can't change from a black Cobra to a blue Mustang, but it is seriously advanced (hence the term "concept car"). My favorite feature? The side view mirrors are actually cameras that point backward and project inside the car. No more pesky turning your head sidesays. What a relief.

Pretty soon you'll have cars that can parallel park themselves... Oh, right, they already do.

No comments: