Site Meter What I Learned Today - MG's CIP: Six Degrees of Brubaker, the Movie Trivia Maker

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Six Degrees of Brubaker, the Movie Trivia Maker

I was flipping through channels this weekend and came across the movie Brubaker starring Robert Redford (among others). It's a veritable 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon jackpot. Whenever I get a really good story that has that aire of believability, I try to find out if it's a real story.

Per Yahoo answers: Yepper!

"Based on the real-life efforts of former prison administrator Thomas O. Murton to reform Tucker and Cummins Prison Farms in Arkansas in 1967-68. Murton served as a technical advisor for the film." - Thanks Mamaontherun!

My next question: Was this the origin on the slow crowd clap to end a movie? Can anyone find an earlier example?

I added this piece of knowledge to my general movie trivia knowledge. Speaking of which: I've started getting involved more in Facebook as I get up to speed on the new social media phenomenon. Apparently, I'm a freakin movie trivia genius. (Hold your applause ; ). Seriously though, this Neverending Movie Trivia application is seriously addictive. And so far only about 5 million people are better at it than me. I've already left about 3.9 million people in the dust in the matter of about 2 days... Much better than my last marathon showing.

No comments: