Site Meter What I Learned Today - MG's CIP: Daniel Tosh drops some Wild Knowledge

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Daniel Tosh drops some Wild Knowledge

I was able to catch Daniel Tosh's Comedy Central special this weekend:

Words I would NOT use to describe Daniel Tosh: a reverent and PC performer, family-friendly viewing material, someone to bring to your church function (especially on football Sundays).

Words I would use to describe him: Friggin Hilarious! (assuming the first non-descriptors still make you want to take a listen)

He - in his own words [paraphrased] - starts out a joke with mass appeal and then stream of consciences it down to the point where only 6 people know what the heck he's talking about. Sadly, I was one of those six. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

One of the trivia pieces he drops (during a joke regarding dating his teacher in high school...while he was home schooled - yeah, it's that kinda show) is around a Leopard being able to carry twice it's own body weight into a tree. Really, you say? I concur - as does wikipedia: They, in fact, insist that it would take 3 olympic weight lifters to equal the tug-of-war of one 100 pound jungle cat. Now that's pretty strong for a cat.

No comments: