Site Meter What I Learned Today - MG's CIP: Pork and the Primaries

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pork and the Primaries

I had the opportunity to eat at a local place called Lola last night. One of Cleveland's finest Bistros. Have you seen the new American Iron Chef? Mike Symon? Yep, his place. Now, I'm a wannabe foody and an OK cook for someone with no training. Lots of Food Network TV. Lots of trial and eating. (mmmmm... eating...). The table got appetizers (Crab Gnocci, Chilled Lobster, Crispy Shrimp, Berkshire Crispy Bacon, etc) which I was able to try all of... Then I got to the main course - The Smoked Berkshire Pork was unbelievable! Amazing. I highly recommend going to any of Mike Symon's restaurants. Check out his blog SymonSays if you get a chance - he offers recipes, stories, etc. Good stuff.

It was interesting to go from dinner there to see the true extravagance in american politics. I was reading somewhere yesterday (can't remember where it was) that it costs from $50mm to $100mm (yes, millions) to run a Presidential primary campaign. Ridiculous numbers.

So I figure I better start understanding what's happening in the races. So I jump onto my College buddy's blog: Suitably Flip: On Money, Politics, and Life's other Frivolities (a 2007 Weblog award finalist) to see how things are going. Now I know who's zoomin who on the East Coast.

Thanks for the updates Flip!

1 comment:

Angela Moore said...

An "OK Cook?" Whatever. You rock and you know it.