Site Meter What I Learned Today - MG's CIP: The Singularity - AI, and T3+

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Singularity - AI, and T3+

I was catching up on my Tivo this evening, and I was watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles. It's a newly launched TV series based on The Terminator. A bit disjointed while establishing character profiles and relationships, but pretty good so far.

Here's today's Matt Lesson: The Singularity. Wikipedia refers to it as Technological_singularity - It's a concept that someone may come across (or stumble across accidentally - big bang style) an Arificial Intelligence scenario that may be able to improve itself to the point of self awareness and self protection. To the point that it will potentially act against potential threats. Not a new concept I know, but now it has a name for me.

This is a lot of reading for me now (still going through it)- and a lot of philosophical discussion (which I'm a huge fan of). Let's spark the topic:

Should Arificial Intelligence be considered a life form. If so, what rights would it have against the human race if conflict were to arise?

No comments: