Site Meter What I Learned Today - MG's CIP: Here we go - Matt's Continuous Improvement Project

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Here we go - Matt's Continuous Improvement Project

One of my credos in life has always been "If I didn't learn anything today, it's a day wasted."

I apparently say it enough that some people I engage with regularly have taken to asking me "So, what did you learn today?" Sometimes it's something substantial and life changing (though that's rare), some days it's trivia or statistical, and others still it may be something that I begin to incorporate into my regular routine. No matter the level of affect it has on me, it's something I didn't know when my head hit the pillow the night before.

This blog will be my effort to document my learning on a day to day basis. We'll shoot for 5 posts per week (my outlook calendar will be amended with a reminder - probably a Monday post for everything from the weekend). Though with a busy job, an even busier wife, two kids, two dogs, and a ridiculous number of interests, I may falter - feel free to call me out if you're looking for new stuff more often.

The topics will be widely varied - family life, music, cooking (one of my most recently developing talents), business, trivia, architecture and art (my degree is in the former), the web, bartending, sports (very seldom), movies and tv... pretty much anything that hits me as interesting.

My request: Please comment. I welcome the improvement of my newly found knowledge. If something is incorrect, please enlighten me. If you have a variation on a recipe/technique/knowledge item that is posted, please let me know. Also, if there's something you have an interest in that I've not posted in, let me know that as well. Per the name of the blog I'm always looking to learn new things. We'll see what happens from there.

However, I will review each response before posting. I do welcome challenges and debate. I will not be so hospitable to vulgarity, name calling, unintelligent babble, and personal agenda propogation. If I think the comments and links you're proposing are worthwhile to the conversation, I'll post them. If not, then not so much.

This is always a work in progress - as are we all, so let's get going.

By the way - Today I learned how to set up and post a blog. Big step in the grand world of the web for me. Here's hoping that the next set of posts can help whatever readers may be interested add to their knowledge base.

Please send responses to MyNewKnowledge@gmail.com

Happy Learning

Matt

1 comment:

BJ Grau said...

This looks like a cool way to facilitate continuous improvement:
UC Berkeley Online Courses